THE BELL HOUSE
This large double storey symmetrical home was designed in 1919 by J.M. Solomon and A.J. Marshall for W.H. Haig. The house is named for the ship's bell in the koppie stone archway to the entrance porch. Later owners were African Explosives (1928) and Dr. Francis (Pinky) Hill 1951, mining engineer and scientific researcher particularly into ventilation and dust control on the mines.