BEREA FIRE STATION

Opened in 1911, the branch station served northern Johannesburg, with the elevated site giving a clear view of the surrounding suburbs. To fit with the quality and character of the neighbouring houses, it was designed in a decorative style, and became known as the Doll's House. The building was restored in 2006, and the engine bay enlarged to accommodate modern fire engines.
Mitchell St Berea
Related Organisation: 
City of Johannesburg
Unveiling Date: 
Saturday, July 11, 2015