The Cullinan Building was a superb building replaced on this site by another fine office block, the Standard Bank Centre. Built for Thomas Cullinan founder of the Premier Diamond Mining Company, it was designed in 1904 by architects Leck and Emley. The Cullinan Building was part of an elegant streetscape with arcades and specialty shops. It was demolished in 1966, and its lintel was re-erected here in 2009.
Main Street Mall (slightly west of Simmonds Street), Marshalltown, Johannesburg
City of Johannesburg