Designed by J.C. Cook and Cowen, the Cinema was built in 1940 and was one of four in the northern suburbs and a very popular venue, particularly the Saturday matinees. It was sold in the 1980s and converted into a cottagey market for the nostalgic. The interior and front façade were renovated, but in keeping with the original theme.

Tyrone Road, Parkview
Related Organisation: 
Johannesburg Heritage Foundation (JHF)