NORTH LODGE

Designed by JH Aldwyncle, this house was built in 1905 for Henry S Wilson, a produce merchant. Known as the "Oats King", Wilson built North Lodge on the profits made by supplying the British army with fodder from its horses. The fodder was imported from Central America and mixed with the hat were plant seeds of blackjack, khakibos, gallant soldier, and cosmos - invaders of another type.

Victoria Avenue (corner Oxford), Parktown, Johannesburg
Related Organisation: 
Johannesburg Heritage Foundation (JHF)
Parktown and Westcliff Heritage Trust