Albert Victor Lindbergh,co-founder in 1892 of the Central News Agency (CNA) bought Marienhof in 1916 during the First World War and changed the German name. CNA had its beginnings distributing newspapers, delivering directly to householders and vendors. It expanded into selling stationary and books, then began publishing school textbooks and the work of South African writers. After her death in 1939, Gladys Lindbergh continued living here until 1969 when her house was expropriated and demolished for the motorway. Parts of the stone garden walls, the gum trees and entrance gates remain.