STRUBEN STAMP MILL

Shipped from England in 1884, the five-stamp Sandycroft mill was sent to Wilgespruit Farm for brothers Fred and Harry Struben. The stamp was set up in Constantia Kloof, and used to mill ore from the Struben's Confidence Reef Mine. The mine proved unpayable, but they crushed ore from Langlaagte and Bandjies mines after the discovery of the Main Reef in 1886. 
Kloofendal Nature Reserve, Kloofendal
Related Organisation: 
City of Johannesburg